The Philippine Embassy and the Philippine Overseas Labour Office in Singapore convened the fourth general meeting of leaders of the Filipino community (FilCom) on Saturday, 22 July 2017.
More than a hundred officials and representatives of various Filcom organizations and other entities attended the Meeting. Philippine Ambassador to Singapore Antonio A. Morales welcomed the participants and thanked them for their presence in spite of their tight schedules on weekends.
The Meeting was highlighted by the following:
- Official announcements by the various sections of the Philippine Embassy and attached agencies
- Announcements by Filcom organization and other entities
- Official presentation of the book “ALAB” by the OFW Global Movement – Singapore – the book contains write-ups about President Rodrigo Roa Duterte contributed by OFWs from all over the world
- Induction of the new set of officers of the IECEP Singapore chapter
- Registration of overseas voters
The regular Meeting, held once every two months, is part of the multi-pronged public diplomacy program of the Philippine Embassy under Ambassador Morales with the objective of keeping the members of the Filipino community updated on relevant developments and to provide them a good networking platform.
The Meeting was preceded by the customary “Kapihan” and concluded with lunch courtesy of the Philippine Overseas Labour Office.
The next Filipino community leaders’ meeting will take place in September 2017.