SSS OFW COVERAGE PROGRAM
REGULAR OFW COVERAGE
For 1st time registrants (i.e., no SS Number yet)
- Fill out a Personal Record form (SS Form E-1) which is available at any SSS office, local or foreign, and also from the SSS website (sss.gov.ph). The duly accomplished form must be submitted, together with any of the required supporting document (e.g., birth certificate, baptismal certificate or passport), to the SSS. OFWs in Singapore may submit the form at the Philippine Embassy (Window 1).
- OFWs who prefer the point and click option in getting an SS Number may visit the SSS website and access the SS Number Online Issuance facility. After issuance of SS number, registrants are still reminded to submit their supporting document at any SSS office (may be at a later date) for UMID card application and availment of SSS loans & benefits.
For existing SSS members (i.e., with SS Number already)
- No need to register anew as they may immediately resume payment of contributions as “Overseas Worker” using their existing SS Number. Those who cannot recall their SS Numbers may contact the SSS at (632) 364-7796 and 364-7798 or through e-mail at email@example.com to inquire about their records.
The SS Number that will be issued is the member’s permanent SS Number, for use in all SSS transactions.
See List of Documentary Requirements for Registration in SSS (Issuance of SS Number)
- The contribution is based on the member’s monthly salary credit (MSC), which is initially determined by the monthly earnings declared at the time of registration For OFW-members, the minimum MSC is set at P5,000; the maximum MSC, currently at P16,000, is the same as other SSS member types. The monthly contribution amount is computed by multiplying the member’s MSC with the prevailing SSS contribution rate (currently at 11%). Thus, the minimum monthly contribution is P550, and the maximum is P1,760.
- The deadline for OFW contribution payments is as follows: (1) for applicable months of January to September, until December 31 of the applicable year; and (2) for October to December, until January 31 of the following year.
See New SSS Contribution Schedule (effective January 2014)
BENEFITS & LOAN PRIVILEGES
- The SSS provides long-term and short-term benefits to members and/or their beneficiaries, subject to qualifying conditions. Benefits are closely linked to contributions, with the minimum pension guaranteed. Higher contribution amount and longer contribution service translate to higher benefits to meet future needs.
- The SSS extends loan privileges to members. For salary loan, the loanable amount is based on the member’s contribution amount and service. The SSS also offers direct housing loan exclusive to overseas Filipinos, subject to qualifying conditions.
Why is Flexi-fund a good savings-investment option?
Safe and secure savings, with guaranteed earnings
- A provident-fund scheme designed to supplement pension benefits under the regular SSS program
- Funds invested in fixed-income securities, thus more transparent and risk-free
- Better yielding since interest rates are based on average rates of SSS’ short-term peso placements or 91-day Treasury bills, whichever is higher
What are the benefits under the Flexi-fund?
Accumulated funds, including interest earnings (net of management fees), to be disbursed as tax-free benefits
- For member’s retirement, disability and death
- Early withdrawal allowed anytime for urgent cash needs (with pre-termination fees if < 1-year retention)
- Granting of Annual Incentive Benefits (AIB) to qualified active members
Who can qualify for Flexi-fund membership?
Exclusive to OFW-members paying maximum contributions under the regular SSS program
- Register at any SSS local/foreign branch, or thru e-mail (form downloadable from SSS website)
How much can OFWs contribute in Flexi-fund?
Any amount, not lower than ₱200, paid in excess of required SSS contributions
- Automatically credited to member’s Flexi-fund account once enrolled
- No initial deposit or maintaining balance requirement, and also no prescribed ceiling on contribution amounts
- Payment anytime, depending on capacity to save
Where can OFWs pay their Flexi-fund contributions?
Payments accepted electronically at overseas offices and tie-ups of SSS-accredited collection partners
- Option for members to remit, thru relatives in PHL, at SSS branch tellers and other accredited channels
- Payment thru Internet and auto-debit arrangements also available for account holders of participating banks
The SSS charges a fee of 1% per annum of individual accumulated funds to cover the management cost of investment.
SSS PAYMENT CENTERS IN SINGAPORE (Lucky Plaza)
- Ventaja (Metrobank, Pinoy Express, Brunphil Express)
- Philippine National Bank
- BDO (A-Express, Kabayan, Steadfast Money Transfer)
- online: www.paypilipinas.com
To download SSS forms, click here
SSS Representative: Ms. Elena Clemente
Tel. no.: (65) 9679-5266
OFW CONTACT SERVICES UNIT (OFW-CSU)
Tel. no.: (632) 364-7796, 364-7798
Int’l Toll-Free Services (Singapore): 001-800-0225-5777