The Embassy of the Philippines in Singapore wishes to inform travellers to the Philippines of the revised requirements and procedures for the transport of pets into the country:
- Import permit issued by the Philippine Bureau of Animal Industry (BAI), which can be obtained from https://www.intercommerce.com.ph/registrationbai.asp;
- Apply for Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority of Singapore (AVA) Export License within 30 days of leaving Singapore. The license is valid for 30 days. Please visit the AVA website at sfa.gov.sg/ava.
- Obtain a Veterinary Health Certificate issued by a private veterinarian by bringing your pet to any AVA-licensed veterinarian for examination.
- Make arrangements with ground handling agents.
- Mandatory identification of pet dog or cat with ISO compliant microchip / RFID (radio-frequency identification)
Failure to present these requirements may result in pet/s being quarantined upon arrival in the Philippines.
Effective June 01, 2018, dogs and cats imported without the required identification will be declined entry and returned to its origin. All costs incurred will be shouldered by the importer.