Waiver of Exclusion Ground (WEG)
Under Section 29(a) (12) of the Philippine Immigration Act, children below fifteen (15) years of age who are unaccompanied by a parent or not coming to a parent in the Philippines, can be excluded entry to the Philippines. However, unaccompanied children may be granted entry with a Waiver of Exclusion Ground (WEG) from the Bureau of Immigration upon arrival at the Philippines.
The WEG is a formal permission of at least one of the parents of the child(ren) to travel to the Philippines. The WEG is a requirement of the immigration authorities of the Philippines.
The adult accompanying the child(ren) must bring the documentary requirements listed below and upon arrival at the airport of entry in the Philippines, obtain application forms for the Waiver of Exclusion (WE) from the Immigration Duty Supervisor (IDS). The accomplished WE application form and documentary requirements will be submitted to the IDS. A waiver fee will apply for each child.
Requirements for WEG application
The documentary requirements of the WEG are the following:
- Letter addressed to the Commissioner of the Bureau of Immigration of the Philippines from the parent requesting the granting of Waiver of Exclusion Ground and allowing the entry of the child(ren) to the Philippines. The letter must name the adult accompanying the child and representing the parent(s) during the trip;
- Affidavit of Consent of either parent of the child(ren) notarized by the Embassy of the Philippines in Singapore;
- Photocopy of the child(ren)’s passport information page;
- Photocopy of the parent(s)’s passport information page;
- Copy of the child(ren)’s flight itinerary indicating the departure from the Philippines;
- Copy of the invitation (from sponsoring institution or sponsoring parent) for the child(ren) to come to the Philippines;
- Waiver Fee of PHP 3,120.00 per minor child
Information on applying for the WEG
Information on the WEG can be accessed at the following links to the website of the Philippine Bureau of Immigration: