Overseas Voters’ Registration
Frequently Asked Questions
When is election 2022 at the Philippine Embassy in Singapore?
- The voting period at the Philippine Embassy will run from 10 April to 9 May 2022 (a total of 30 days). Our kababayans are highly encouraged to vote early to avoid inconvenience.
What do I need to be able to vote in the 2022 National Elections?
- During election period, voters will be required to bring their original valid Philippine passport or seafarers’ book (for seafarers). Dual citizens will also be required to bring their Identification Certificate/Order of Approval. A Voters ID is NOT required to be able to cast a vote.
When was the registration period for the 2022 National Elections?
- 16 December 2019 to 14 October 2021
How do I know if I am a registered voter in Singapore?
The Certified List of Overseas Voters (CLOV) in Singapore and the CLOV of Seafarers are already available on the website of the Commission on Elections (COMELEC).
Only registered voters included in the CLOV will be allowed to vote
for the 2022 Philippine National Elections.
How does COMELEC decide on which voter records to deactivate?
- COMELEC deactivates the records of registered voters who failed to vote in at least two election cycles.
When can applicants collect their Voter’s ID?
- The printing and distribution of the Voter’s ID has been suspended by the Commission on Elections in view of the implementation of the National ID System pursuant to RA 11055 (An Act Establishing the Philippine Identification System), which was signed by President Rodrigo Roa Duterte on 06 August 2018.
- The issuance of National ID by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) is currently being rolled out in the Philippines. The PSA hopes to roll-out the National ID in Foreign Service Posts by 2022.
Where may inquiries, comments, suggestions and recommendations on the overseas voting be directed to?
- Inquiries may be sent via e-mail to : email@example.com.
Where can I find important information and updates on overseas voting?