Requirements for Direct Hiring of Professional, Semi-Skilled & Seafarers
A. One (1) original copy of the Employment Contract (preferably the POEA Standard Employment Contract for Various Skills) plus photocopy.
NOTE: Employment Contract must have the provisions below (can be attached as addendum)
B. Two (2) Copies of the Pass Holder’s IPA
C. Two (2) Copies of the workers passport
D. Two (2) copies of the Company’s ACRA or BIZFILE
E. Two (2) copies of the Employer’s IC or the signatory of the contract.
F. Job description
- Site of Employment
- Contract Duration
- Upgrading of basic salary to
- Regular work hours is equivalent to 8hrs/day 6 days per week
- Overtime pay of _____% of the basic pay in excess of 8 hrs
- Free transportation cost to worksite and return to the point of hire
- Free food and accommodation or offsetting of benefits
- Vacation leave _____
- Sick leave_____
- Free medical and dental services
- In the event of death of the employee during the terms of this agreement, his remains and personal belongings shall be repatriated to the Philippines at the expense of the employer. In case the repatriation of remains is not possible, the same may be disposed of upon approval of the employee’s next of kin and/or by the nearest Philippine Embassy or Consulate at the worksite at the employer’s expense;
- Just/valid/authorized causes of termination of the contract;
a. Termination by employer: The employer may terminate this contract of the following just causes; serious misconduct wilful disobedience of employer’s lawful orders, habitual neglect of duties; absenteeism; insubordination revealing secrets of establishment, when employee violates customs, traditions and laws of host country and/or terms of this agreement, the employee shall shoulder the repatriation expenses;
b. Termination by the employee: The employee may terminate this Contract without serving any notice to the employer for any of the following just causes: serious insult by the employer or his representative, inhuman and unbearable treatment accorded the employee by the employer or his representative, commission of a crime/offense by the employer or his representative. The employer shall pay the repatriation expenses back to the Philippines;
c. Termination due to illness: Either party may terminate the contract on the ground of illness, disease or injury by the employee. The employer shall shoulder the cost of repatriation.
- Manner of Settlement of Disputes: All claims and complaints relative to the employment contract of the employee shall be settled in accordance with company policies, rules and regulations. In case the employee contests the decision of the employer, the matter shall be settled amicable with the participation of the Labor Attache or any authorized representative of the Philippine Embassy in Singapore or in the Philippines if permissible by host country laws at the option of the complaining party.
a. No amount shall be deducted from the salary of the worker other than the the authorized deductions prescribed by law. No liquidated damages, return travel fund, etc.
b. Worker shall not be reassigned to another establishment.
c. Item ________________ of employment provision must be deleted. (Any provision detrimental/disadvantageous to the worker MUST be deleted)
*Each company is only entitled to a maximum of five (5) Name Hires / Direct Hires
Submit verified / authenticated documents to POEA, Direct Hire Office.