Visa for Journalist, Media Crew, Production Team
Media crew and production teams include groups who will film or take footages (in any medium including but not limited to film, video, or digital) in the Philippines for purposes of news, documentary, cinema or any form of media production.
- Personal appearance of the applicant
- Accomplished visa application form
- Passport with at least six months of validity beyond the date of departure from the Philippines
- Beginning 01 October 2016, the Philippine Embassy in Singapore will accept only electronic passports and machine readable passports for visa applications. Non-machine readable passports (hand-scripted passports) will not be accepted for visa applications.
Beginning 01 January 2017, Philippine immigration authorities will not allow entry into Philippine airports and seaports of foreign nationals holding non-machine readable passports.
- Photocopy of passport information page
- Recent photograph, size 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm, colored and taken against a white background
- Printed airline booking or itinerary of travel showing dates of entry into and departure from the Philippines
- Letter of endorsement from the news agency or production company
- Payment of visa fee (cash only; checks, credit or debit cards, NETS, or cheques are not accepted)
In addition to this visa application, journalists and production team must transmit a letter to the International Press Center of the Philippines stating the intention to cover a news event or produce a documentary in the Philippines and requesting accreditation of the individual applicants. The letter must be addressed to:
Mr. Paulo J. Espiritu
Director for Media Relations
International Press Center
Presidential Communications Operations Office
G/F National Press Club Building
Magallanes Drive, Intramuros, Manila 1002
(Attention to: Ms. Rose Garcia-Coni)
Telefax No.: +632 336 6095
The PCOO’s requirements for Press accreditation are:
- (for each applicant) Accomplished IPC application form
- (for each applicant) 3 photographs, size 2 inches x 2 inches, colored, taken against a white background
- (for each applicant) Photocopy of each applicant’s passport information page of and visa page bearing the latest arrival date in the Philippines.
- List of applicants and respective designations
- List of equipment (for assistance in customs clearance and release of equipment).
- Respective flight details of the applicants
- Itinerary of news coverage or videography
- Synopsis or storyline of the documentary
Further information may be accessed at the PCOO website.