Embassy Advisory to visa applicants: Do not purchase the flight ticket before applying for the visa, but make a “booking” or “flight itinerary”. Purchase the flight ticket only after the visa is granted.
The Embassy will not hasten the visa processing to accommodate the visa applicant’s flight schedule. Depending on the applicant’s nationality (i.e. if the applicant’s country has a visa agreement with the Philippines), visa processing will take 2 or 10 business days (in some cases, authorization from Manila). The Embassy will not refund the visa application fee if the visa is issued later than a flight departure date or if the visa application is denied.
- Personal appearance of the applicant
- Accomplished visa application form
- Passport with at least six months of validity beyond the date of departure from the Philippines
- Beginning 01 October 2016, the Philippine Embassy in Singapore will accept only electronic passports and machine readable passports for visa applications. Non-machine readable passports (hand-scripted passports) will not be accepted for visa applications.
Beginning 01 January 2017, Philippine immigration authorities will not allow entry into Philippine airports and seaports of foreign nationals holding non-machine readable passports.
- Photocopy of passport information page
- Recent photograph, size 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm, colored and taken against a white background
- Printed airline booking or itinerary of travel showing dates of entry into and departure from the Philippines
- Payment of visa fee (cash only; checks, credit or debit cards, NETS, or cheques are not accepted)
The transit visa allows visa-required nationals to land in a Philippine airport to transfer to another flight bound for another country, allowing for a transit of up to 72 hours. It does not allow the applicant to leave the airport.
Applicants who intend to exit the airport are advised to apply for a tourism visa.