Embassy Advisory to visa applicants: Do not purchase the flight ticket before applying for the visa, but make a “booking” or “flight itinerary”. Purchase the flight ticket only after the visa is granted.
The Embassy will not hasten the visa processing to accommodate the visa applicant’s flight schedule. Depending on the applicant’s nationality (i.e. if the applicant’s country has a visa agreement with the Philippines), visa processing will take 2 or 10 business days (in some cases, authorization from Manila). The Embassy will not refund the visa application fee if the visa is issued later than a flight departure date or if the visa application is denied.
- Personal appearance of the applicant
- Accomplished visa application form
- Passport with at least six months of validity beyond the date of departure from the Philippines
- Beginning 01 October 2016, the Philippine Embassy in Singapore will accept only electronic passports and machine readable passports for visa applications. Non-machine readable passports (hand-scripted passports) will not be accepted for visa applications.
Beginning 01 January 2017, Philippine immigration authorities will not allow entry into Philippine airports and seaports of foreign nationals holding non-machine readable passports.
- Photocopy of passport information page
- Recent photograph, size 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm, colored and taken against a white background
- Photocopy of Singapore-issued IC (Permanent Resident IC, PE Pass, E Pass, S Pass, Work Permit, Student Pass, Dependant’s Pass)
- Printed airline booking or itinerary of travel showing dates of entry into and departure from the Philippines
- Additional documentary requirements (to be specified by the Visa Officer) may be required as evidence for the purpose of travel
- Proof of sufficient funds for travel expenses, accommodation and subsistence, which can be either:
- Printed bank statements for the last three previous months (minimum balance of SGD 2,000 per month in the last 3 months; if stay in the Philippines exceeds 10 days, minimum balance equivalent to SGD 150.00/per day of stay in the Philippines)
- Company-issued Certification of Employment stating the applicant’s employment and monthly income (minimum monthly income of SGD 2,000)
- Bank book (must have minimum balance of SGD 2,000 per month in the last 3 months; if stay in the Philippines exceeds 10 days, minimum balance equivalent to SGD 150.00/per day of stay in the Philippines)
- For dependant or student, these 3 documents:
- Letter of support from sponsor
- Sponsor’s printed statement for the last three previous months (minimum balance of SGD 2,000 per month in the last 3 months; if stay in the Philippines exceeds 10 days, minimum balance equivalent to SGD 150.00/per day of stay in the Philippines)
- Photocopy of sponsor’s passport
Additional requirements if circumstance applies:
- If applicant will stay in the home of a family in the Philippines, a letter of invitation from the latter.
- If applicant has no bank account or Certification of Employment, a Certificate of Deposits and Investments.
- Payment of visa fee (cash only; checks, credit or debit cards, NETS, or cheques are not accepted)
Children who are less than 15 years old travelling to the Philippines either alone (not accompanied by their parent) or accompanied by an adult who is not their parent must apply for a Waiver of Exclusion Ground (WEG). Such children who do not have a WEG are generally not allowed entry into the Philippines.
Conditions for denial of visa or refusal of service:
The Embassy has the discretion to deny a visa or to refuse service to any individual.