Solemnization of Marriage Between Filipinos
Article 75 and Article 10 of the Family Code of the Philippines provide that marriage may be solemnized abroad by any Consul-General, Consul or Vice-Consul when the marriage is between Filipino citizens, male and female. The consular officer shall perform the issuance of the marriage license and the duties of the local civil registrar and of the solemnizing officer, with regard to the celebration of the marriage.
Documents for the Solemnization of Marriage at the Philippine Embassy
Original and one (1) photocopy should be submitted to the embassy upon application for marriage license. Original documents will be returned to the contracting parties after solemnization of marriage.
- Duly authenticated Certificate of “No Record of Previous Marriage” (printed on security paper) obtained from the National Statistics Office (NSO)
- Duly authenticated Certificate of Live Birth (printed on security paper) obtained from NSO
East Avenue, Quezon City (in front of SSS Bldg.) Tel. No. (632) 927-8672
NSO Hotline (Teleserve) (632) 737-1111
Internet page: www.census.gov.ph
Important Note: The above mentioned documents should be authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs’ Authentication Division located at the following:
DFA Office of Consular Affairs, South Wing Lobby
2330 Roxas Blvd., Pasay City, Tel No. (632) 834-4000/ 834-3000
Internet page: www.dfa.gov.ph
For a contracting party whose previous marriage was annulled by court:
- Copy of the court decision declaring the annulment of marriage
- Copy of the NSO registered marriage contract with the previous spouse containing marginal note of the annulment authenticated by the DFA
For a contracting party who is a widow or widower
- Copy of the former spouse’s NSO registered death certificate authenticated by the DFA
- Proof of Philippine Citizenship of Contracting Parties – photocopy of first page of Philippine passport where applicant’s photograph personal particulars are indicated.
- Both parties are required to personally file their application of Marriage License
- Two (2) witnesses above 21 years old, preferably one (1) male and one (1) female to be present during the Solemnization of Marriage. Complete names of the abovementioned witnesses can be submitted during the ten (10) day waiting period.
- If either or both of the contracting parties are between 18 to 21 years old, an Affidavit of Consent executed by the parents of the contracting parties should be presented to the Consular Officer.
- If either or both of the contracting parties are between 21-25 years old, written proof of Parental Advice should be presented to the Consular Officer.
Solemnization Fee to be paid in Cash total of S$229.50 (S$102.00-Solemnization Fee / S$85.00- Application Fee / Marriage License Fee S$42.50)
Note: After submission of requisite documents by both contracting parties, a ten (10) day publication of “The Intent to Marry” by both parties shall be posted at the Embassy. If there are no objections received, the Solemnization of Marriage will be performed by the Consul General or Consul of the Embassy on a scheduled date usually on Sunday after 4:00 p.m. within the Embassy premises. Contracting parties as well as their guests are requested to be in their semi-formal attire.
IF ONE PARTY IS A FOREIGNER, the marriage can be solemnized at the Singapore Registry of Marriages (ROM). Details may be gathered at their website, www.rom.gov.sg
If you have a query, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org