Sunday, April 23, 2017

Report of Marriage

The Family Code of the Philippines (Sec. 664) provides that “records of marriages whether performed by the Philippine Consular Officer or by the local religious or civil authorities shall be kept and transmitted to the Philippine Civil Registrar through the Department of Foreign Affairs”.

Filipinos who married in Singapore should file a report their marriage at the Philippine Embassy in Singapore if they want their marriage acknowledged by the Philippines. The Report of Marriage should be done within 12 months of the date of marriage.

The documentary requirements for filing the Report of Marriage are the following:

  • Four (4) accomplished Report of Marriage forms (click here to download the form)
  • Four (4) photocopies of the Marriage Certificate (original needs to be sighted by
    the consular officer)
  • Four (4) photocopies of the data page of the Groom’s passport
  • Four (4) photocopies of the data page of the Bride’s passport
  • Payment of the Report of Marriage fee (SGD 42.50)

The Report of Marriage form is an online fillable PDF file. If the forms will be accomplished by hand, the information should be written in legible block letters using black or blue ink. The Groom and Bride must both affix their signature on each Report of Marriage form.

If the Report of Marriage is filed after 12 months of the date of marriage, an Affidavit of Late Registration must be accomplished. A late registration fee of SGD 42.50 will apply.
For contracting parties of the marriage who were previously married, the following additional documentary requirements must be submitted:

  • If either the groom or bride is a Filipino who had a previous Philippine marriage annulled, a copy of the NSO-issued Annotated Marriage Certificate (which indicates the details of the annulment). Proof of the authenticity of the amended marriage certificate must be shown, either the (a) Official Receipt issued by the NSO for the amended marriage certificate or (b) Certificate of Authentication issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs of the Philippines.
  • If either groom or bride is non-Filipino divorcé, a copy of the final decree of divorce.
  • If either groom or bride is a widowed, a copy of the death certificate of the deceased spouse.

The Embassy will convey the Report of Marriage and annexed documents to the National Statistics Office (NSO) of the Philippines. It takes about six (6) months for the ensuing Philippine Certificate of Marriage to be available for ordering from the NSO in the Philippines.

The Report of Marriage applicants will be provided the reference pouch list numbers for follow-up queries with the NSO.

Queries about the Report of Marriage may be sent to The Consular Section of the Embassy of the Philippines, email address

Disable mouse on posts and pages plugin by