Friday, November 28, 2014

Minors Travelling

Documentary Requirements

  1. A travel clearance from the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) is required for a minor in order to travel to Singapore if both parents will not be accompanying the child. For more details, please read the DSWD FAQ here.
  2. Affidavit of Consent & Support of both parents, as required by the DSWD. The parents can apply for this in the Embassy. 
  3. If the minor child has no passport yet, a Special Power of Attorney (SPA) is required to enable someone in the Philippines to apply, on behalf of the parents, for the child’s passport. The parents can apply for this in the Embassy.

If the minor child already has a passport, DSWD will require only the affidavit of support and consent, without the need for the SPA.

Minors with permanent resident (PR) status in Singapore are not required to present to the airport immigration officer in the Philippines the requirements stated above.

For additional reference, the DSWD’s FAQs for Minors Traveling Abroad may be found here.

Documentary requirements are processed in the Embassy for two (2) working days.

Minors Travelling to the Philippines

A valid passport or travel document is required for minors traveling to the Philippines from Singapore.

Generally, non-Filipino minors below 15 years old and unaccompanied by or not joining a parent in the Philippines are excluded from entering Philippine ports of entry. For more information, please read this guideline.